Executive Director, Planning and Operations
(Permanent Full Time Position)
$2,895 to $3,677 biweekly
(Pay Band 7)
Application deadline: July 28, 2017 at noon
The New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) is mandated to provide ways for citizens to contribute to the improvement of our health services, to report on the health of New Brunswickers and on the quality of health services in our province.
The New Brunswick Health Council is looking for interested applicants to fill the position of Executive Director, Planning and Operations. As a senior member of the NBHC team, the individual occupying this position will have a major influence on shaping the organization and its impact on having engaged citizens in the improvement of population health and health service quality.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- providing support in the development and execution of annual business plans, particularly with providing the associated financial analysis and budget preparations;
- ensuring monitoring of expenses in line with budgetary guidelines and preparation of appropriate financial reports in line with internal and external accountability requirements;
- Preparation of contracts or agreements pertaining to transactions with other organizations. Would provide support when not directly responsible for the work related to the Scope of Work of the contract or agreement;
- Leading in some areas and support in others regarding the evolution of technology used in the execution of the NBHC mandate (examples: web site, communications software, data management, etc.);
- General office operations in coordination with administrative support employees;
- Supporting annual business plan deliverables pertaining to health system performance reporting or citizen engagement that are compatible with the individual’s competencies, knowledge and experience.
- A Masters degree related to business (MBA), public administration (MPA). Equivalent combination of work experience would also be considered.
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) and Data Management would be an asset.
- At least three years of experience with budgeting processes and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and tactics.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent analytical skills and the ability to cope with short time deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills in both official languages are required.
- Working knowledge of the MSOffice Suite of software (MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook and MSPowerPoint).
The New Brunswick Health Council offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge.
Job interviews will be around the last week of August and first week of September.
The job is to be filled in early October.
If this describes your abilities and interest and you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic team, please forward your résumé and covering letter quoting competition number 2017-NBHC-001 by July 28, 2017 at noon to:
Executive Administrative Assistant
Applicants are required to demonstrate on their applications how they have acquired the qualifications and experience required for this position. Your resume should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. Applications received for this competition will be considered to fill future vacancies. Subject to the response to the competition, education and experience requirements may be raised.