(1-year contract – February 2018 – January 2019)
Maternity Leave Replacement
$2,109 to $3,091 bi-weekly
(Pay Band 5)
Application deadline: December 15, 2017 at noon
The New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) conducts surveys as part of its mandate to assess, monitor and evaluate the population health and the health service quality in the province. Of note, the NBHC also conducts surveys in schools to examine the perceptions, attitudes and behaviors of students in several key areas related to the well-being of students. Under the authority of the Executive Director, Performance Measurement, the Research Coordinator will work primarily with the coordination of activities related to the surveys administered by the New Brunswick Health Council, and the management and organization of data in connection with these surveys.
Detailed description (principal tasks and responsibilities)
Reporting to the Executive Director, Performance Measurement, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Function as a liaison between the New Brunswick Health Council and schools (anglophone and francophone districts) in the students wellness survey; ensure good communication with schools as the contact person for questions about the survey;
- Manage and organize data banks linked to the survey process; maintain data on participation rates;
- Produce documents related to the NBHC surveys, such as the data dictionary and the methodology used;
- Analyse quantitative data;
- Actively participate in research activities related to the surveys as part of the Performance Measurement team;
- Perform other tasks related to the objectives of the Performance Measurement team, as requested by the Executive Director;
- Facilitate the implementation of NBHC projects and of activities related to their completion in order to accomplish them;
- Collaborate with other team members;
- Respect the tasks, deadlines and procedures as identified in the work plan of the New Brunswick Health Council.
- Master’s in Science with a concentration in mathematics, statistics, or computer science; Master’s in Business Administration, in Health Sciences or a related discipline; or
- An equivalent combination of education (minimum Bachelor level) and experience will be accepted.
- At least 2 years of experience in the coordination of projects or in quantitative data management;
- Client-based communications;
- Organization and management of databases;
- Analysis of quantitative data;
- Proven experience in working with data in Excel;
- Experience with software such as MS Office.
- Exceptional communications skills (oral and written) in both official languages;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Can adapt to changing priorities;
- Self-motivated, can work autonomously;
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Good prior work record (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics and the values of the organization;
- Respect the confidential policies of the NBHC.
- Have a good understanding of the software SAS or SPSS
The New Brunswick Health Council offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge.
If this describes your abilities and interest and you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, please forward your résumé and cover letter quoting competition number 2017-NBHC-002 by December 15th, 2017 at noon to:
Jacques C.F. Lanteigne
Executive Director, Planning and Operations
Applicants are required to demonstrate on their applications how they have acquired the qualifications and experience required for this position. Your resume should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. Applications received for this competition will be considered to fill future vacancies. Subject to the response to the competition, education and experience requirements may be raised.