What are the NBHC community profiles?
The NBHC's 33 community profiles empower individuals with information about their region to stimulate interest in building healthier communities. The information in each profile gives a comprehensive view about the people who live, learn, work, and take part in community life in this area. Learn more in our introductory video (on the right).
What are the NBHC communities?
To provide a better understanding of local differences, the NBHC divided the province’s seven established health regions (zones) into a total of 33 communities. The community boundaries were determined using the catchment areas of health care centres, community health centres and hospitals. Every community has a minimum of 5,000 people to ensure data availability, stability and anonymity.
Download technical document
Contains the following appendices:
- Creation of Communities
- Cities, Towns and Villages – by community number
- Cities, Towns and Villages – by alphabetical order
- Census Subdivisions – by alphabetical order
- Name of communities, in order of assigned community number
- Zones with assigned community number and community name
- Peer Group
- Population Health Model
- Indicator Choice
- Data limitations
- Data Sources
- Specific Indicator Sources
- Thank You